Along with our existing accreditation with Dulux Select Decorators, we decided recently that we would join Checkatrade. They have a very strong reputation and are extremely thorough when vetting tradesmen before they join the site. Each reference or feedback is verified by them before being posted on the site.
They interview, check accreditations / qualifications, check insurance, check references and also verify our ID. We also have to adhere to an ongoing code of conduct in all our dealings from initial phone call to completed work and beyond.
No other directory of tradespeople uses this model. The background checks and public feedback ensure that only reliable and trusted tradespeople get work through Checkatrade. They make sure that you can find someone outstanding to get the job done
Checkatrade members agree to:
- Be honest in all dealings with you
- Tell you about any call-out fees before coming to you
- Let you know straight away if they can’t do the work
- Keep appointments and arrive on time (calling in advance if they need to reschedule)
- Be realistic about when they can start work and how long it will take
- Be courteous. Treat you, your property and belongings with respect
- Keep you in the picture about all aspects of the work
- Return phone messages promptly
- Create an additional contract for variations from the original agreement
- Deal with complaints promptly and professionally
- Never demand cash payment
- Never be verbally or physically abusive or threatening to a customer in any way
- Not obtain work through cold calling
You can see our latest feedback on the homepage of this site which shows the data straight from their site. You can visit our Checkatrade page and see feedback for all our recent decorating and kitchen cabinet painting in the Exeter area and beyond. We do have feedback on other sites like Dulux Select Decorators, Rated People & MyBuilder but all our recent feedback is being added to Checkatrade.